Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Everything is stupid. First of all trivia night at Bar Great Harry did me in. Now I'm going to be hyper-active-attention-deficit all day. It's a Food Network day. I feel like I accomplish so much when I watch other people cook. They all have such lovely kitchen supplies. Living in a Brooklyn apartment I don't have much room for lovely kitchen equipment. That's another thing I love about the FN: I can dream about all the stuff I would have in a kitchen if I had a real kitchen and not a converted closet. And the chef's are always saying, "See how easy this is to make?" It's not. Believe me I've tried. Most of the time it's because I don't have all the wonderful toys to play with but more than likely its because I don't have 12 sous chefs standing just off camera waiting to do the real work. If I had a sous chef AND a secretary my life would be a dream. And a lap pool in my apartment, and the aforementioned perfect kitchen, and buckets of money lying around waiting for me to spend it. That's all. So now we're reducing something on the stove, these foodies are always reducing something. They love reducing. OOOOOhhhh, beets. I love beets but they're not pretty. He just called beets a Celebration of Spring. Whatever. I celebrate Spring when my skin stops cracking open from the sub-zero temperature of Winter. Ace of Cakes. I love that show. I've been planning a cake for them to build since I first saw the show. I'm thinking of reproducing a gruesome crime scene. Now that's what I call a cake. And the look on every one's face when I unveil it, not to mention the episode they build my cake would be the best ever. What's next? Barefoot Contessa, her recipes are HARD...I don't care what she says. Now my computer is doing something stupid. I hate my computer and I want a new one but not for Christmas. I want pretty things for Christmas and not kitchen pretty things but pretty things to wear. What was I talking about? Barefoot Contessa and then Semi-Homemade. Love that show! She makes a cocktail for every occasion. Children's first birthday...cocktail! Home from open-heart surgery...cocktail! Yes, cocktails. And the couch. The couch looks like a good place to watch people cook. Ow, I think I just broke my finger. Oh no, it's alright.

No comments: